For those of you who don’t know what this is, the Liebster Award is an award for new bloggers, a sort of welcoming and recognition for us. And I was nominated for it, by the lovely Paradise on Paper Blog! Thank you guys!
They’ve asked me several questions about myself, and here are my answers:
1) What made you decide to start a blog?
Several things. First, I wanted to start building a platform for myself and my writing. I also really wanted to connect with other writers, get motivated and stay accountable for my writing, and just… get out there, I guess.
2) What is the biggest challenge you have being a blogger?
Posting regularly, definitely. For now, I try to keep it to at least once a week, and sometimes I can get two in a week. But as I’ve said before about myself, I go through spurts of inspiration, and long periods of i-don’t-know-what-to-do-or-write-so-i’ll-play-video-games-instead moments. XD
3) Aside from your blog, have you ever been published on another website or in print?
4) What are three words to describe your writing style? This is a really hard question… I had to ask my friend to describe it for me, since I really don’t know… She said minimalist, internally-focused,and introverted. I’ll go with that.
5) Who is your favourite author and why?
Another hard one. I don’t really have one favorite. But since I have to choose… i guess Richelle Mead is pretty high up there on my list of favorites.
6) What quote or saying sums up how you view life?
“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”
7) What superpower would you like to have, and what would you do with it?
In life? I just saw a trailer for a new movie about a woman named Lucy who can use more than the normal 10% of her brain power. Not sure how it’ll play out in the movie, but the trailers alone make me want that power. So that one. Definitely.
And what would I do with it? Learn every language, fly (if possible), take over the world, become queen. You know, the usual~ hehe
8)What is your favorite setting to put characters in?
A forest. Doesn’t matter if it’s medieval or modern, but for some reason I love forests. There’s something about all the potential it has in a story, where it can be romantic or depressing, dangerous or safe, happy or sad. Somehow, my characters will always end up in a forest… I never really plan it
9) What is your advice for young people?
‘Young people’ sounds weird, especially considering I’m young myself… Anyway, my advice is to not give up on your dreams. If it’s something you really want, do it. Yes, it’ll take hard work. Yes, it will probably be a long process. And no, you can’t take any shortcuts. Do it anyway. Not just because you want to, but because you can’t not do it. Because you can’t see your self doing anything else. Because it makes you happy. Really and truly happy.
10) Do you prefer writing in notebooks or on computers?
Depends on what I’m writing. I write most if not all my poems on notebooks, but my stories on the computer. Don’t know why.
11) How do you keep a balance between your writing and your other commitments?
There is such a thing?? I hadn’t realized….
And now, for 11 random facts about me:
- I constantly fall in love with fictional people. Games, books, shows, all of it.
- Until I reached 12 or 13, I hated drinking water.
- I loooooooooove pizza.
- My favorite color is pink~
- I hate cafeterias. Probably half irrational fear, half complete hatred of them.
- I’m a scorpio! Woot!
- I used my first computer when I was 1-2 years old.
- And knew how to take them apart and put them back together around 5-7. Don’t ask me to do it now, though. I’ve almost completely forgotten all of it.
- I love to do origami.
- I’m obsessed with languages.
- My niece was born on my birthday~ I call her my favorite gift/ twin because we’re just alike. ^^
And now, I’m going to nominate a few other blogs that I feel truly deserve this award:
For all of you that I’ve nominated, here are the 11 questions you’ll have to answer, if you choose to accept this:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- Which genre do you like to read the most? Why?
- Which genre do you dislike the most? Why?
- How would you describe yourself in three words or less?
- Which genre do you write in and why?
- What was your dream job as a child?
- What fictional character would you most like to meet and why?
- If writing wasn’t an option, what other career path/hobby would you have chosen?
- Where is your favorite place to write? At home? Outside?
- Do you prefer writing by hand or on your computer?
And here are the official rules~
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)